Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rhymes with Mayo

I think I'm in the process of breaking up with my job. It started off like any wonderful relationship where you're so obsessed with the other person that you don't mind that you're losing a tiny bit of the life you used to know because you're spending so much time with them.

And then you get to that easy phase where everything feels in equilibrium. You fight. You love. You live. You're okay that part of your definition is You and Him/Her/Whatever.

And then you get a little bored. You still love. And you still fight, but it all feels... like something you've done before. So you take a trip. And realize it might have been easier not to.


And then, one day, you're driving home crying and wondering why you let him/her (them?) talk to you that way. And why you think it's okay to have so much anger every day. But you keep going every day because you don't want to be alone (see also "homeless"). But it's resentful on both sides and you can't even say nice things anymore. But sometimes it's still fun and you apologize for being a dick, but really, you know you're going to do it again because you're not in love anymore, but you won't leave because finding someone else seems so much harder than being miserable.

End extended metaphor. I need to quit my job, but I'm kind of in mourning at the loss of the love I used to have.

I walked out of the bathroom with my skirt tucked into my unders. Luckily I noticed it right as the bathroom door closed behind me.

UPDATE: My bonus for the next 2 quarters is guaranteed so it's suddenly like I received fancy jewelry... Oh, the rekindled romance....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be gentle. I'm new here.