Thursday, July 25, 2013

Commuting.

WC was behind me tonight on the way home. I went for a jog in the park up the street from the office and then started the drive home. Traffic was horrid so I got off the highway. That's when I noticed he was behind me.

What is normal in this situation? A wave? Try to get his attention? Call him on his phone: "Hey... you're behind me... Okay. Bye." 

Because what I did was pretend I didn't know he was behind me. So I looked at my phone at stoplights. Jacked with the A/C. Turned the radio on and off. Played with my hair. Tried to look tired so if he said "Hey, did you not see me behind you?" I could respond, "Rough day. Bosses... sheesh...amiright?"

We drove like this for a few miles before he turned off. And I was sad. And I wanted to call him and accuse him of something. But what? Ignoring me? I was also the dork who was pretending he wasn't behind me. And it's possible he didn't know for sure I was in front of him. I know normal people memorize license plate numbers and stuff, but I don't so maybe he's as clueless as I often am?

This happened another time and I spent the 30 minutes (it's a long commute) thinking we were commute-ignoring each other. Until he pulled up beside me and it wasn't him.

Embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be gentle. I'm new here.